A Group can have multiple members and/or admins.
A Group's admin can:
- create sub-Groups
- select the timezone for the Group
- make the Group public or private
Every Project (whether a Full, Group, or Personal Project) must have an owner. It is one of the fields required in Project creation. The owner is always a Group.
By default, the timezone of a Project is the timezone of the Group.
A Project's creator, by default, becomes the Project admin.
The Project admin can:
- Create Timelines
- Create Events
- Delete any Timeline or Event
- Edit any Timeline or Event
- Control which Roles are responsible for which Timelines and Events
- Create Roles and invite people to fill the Roles
- Send reminder invitations for Roles that have not yet been accepted
- Remove any Role's responsibility (including admin rights)
- Invite others to be Project admins
- Make changes to the Project label, Description, etc.
- Add or make changes to any Note or Document on the Project
Role Responsible for a Timeline:
When a Project admin makes a Role (or multiple Roles) responsible for a Timeline the user(s) responsible for these Roles can:
- Control which Role(s) are responsible for the Timeline
- Create Events for that Timeline
- Control which Roles are responsible for Events
- Delete the Timeline and/or its Events
- Make changes to the Timeline's Label, description, or comments
- Select a unique timezone for the Timeline or for any of its Events
- Give the Timeline a start and end date that is independent of the start and end date of its Events
- Add or make changes to Notes and Documents attached to the Timeline or to its Events
Note: The Timeline admin(s) is always able to make changes to the entire Timeline. They have all the permissions that a Role responsible for an Event in that Timeline has over the Event(s).
Role Responsible for an Event:
When a user has a Role that is responsible for a specific Event, they can:
- Control which Role(s) are responsible for the Event
- Delete the Event
- Make changes to the Event's Label, description, or comments
- Select a unique timezone for the Event
- Add or make changes to Notes and Documents attached to the Event
- Make the Event into a:
- To-Do (Event with no start or end date)
- Task (Event with defined start and end dates)
- Milestone (Event with a defined end date)
Note: Any Project member can view all Notes and Documents for the Project. However, only those who hold a Role on the related Event or Timeline can edit Notes.